Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Computer Stupidities
Tech Support: All right. Now click 'OK'
Customer: Click 'OK'?
Tech Support: Yes, click 'OK'
Customer: Click 'OK'?
Tech Support: That's right. Click 'OK'
Customer: So I click 'OK', right?
Tech Support: Right. Click 'OK'
Pause ...
Customer: I clicked 'Cancel'
Tech Support: YOU CLICKED 'CANCEL'???
Customer: That's what I was supposed to do, right?
Tech Support: No, you were supposed to click 'OK'
Customer: I thought you said to click 'Cancel'
Tech Support: NO. I said to click 'OK'
Customer: Oh
Tech Support: Now we have to start over
Customer: Why?
Tech Support: Because you clicked 'Cancel'
Customer: Wasn't I supposed to click 'Cancel'?
Tech Support: No. Forget that. Let's start from the top
Customer: Ok
15 minutes later ...
Tech Support: All right. Now, are you ready to click 'OK'?
Customer: Yes
Tech Support: Great. Now click 'OK'
Pause ...
Customer: I clicked 'Cancel'