Friday, May 05, 2006


Ximinez: Now, old woman! You are accused of heresy on three counts. Heresy by thought, heresy by word, heresy by deed, and heresy by action. Four counts. Do you confess?
Old Lady: I don't understand what I'm accused of.
Ximinez: Ha! Then we'll make you understand! Biggles! Fetch...THE CUSHIONS!
Jarring chord. Biggles holds out two cushions
Ximinez: Now, old lady -- you have one last chance. Confess the heinous sin of heresy, reject the works of the ungodly -- two last chances. And you shall be free -- three last chances. You have three last chances, the nature of which I have divulged in my previous utterance.
Old Lady: I don't know what you're talking about.
Ximinez: Right! If that's the way you want it. Cardinal! Poke her with the soft cushions!
Ximinez: Confess! Confess! Confess!
Biggles: I confess!
Ximinez: Not you!

Monty Python's Flying Circus, Series 2, 1970