Friday, October 15, 2004

My Dear Someone
I wanna go all over the world,
And start living free.
I know that there's somebody who,
Is waiting for me.
I'll build a boat, steady and true.
As soon as it's done,
I'm gonna sail along in a dream,
Of my dear someone.

One little star, smilin' tonight.
Knows where he lies.
Stay, little star, steady and bright,
To guide me afar.
Rush, little wind, over the deep,
For now I've begun.
Hurry and take me straight into the arms,
Of my dear someone.

Hurry and take me into the arms,
Of my dear someone.

A song by one of my very favourite singer-songwriters, Gillian Welch, of whom Emmylou Harris said: 'Gillian writes with what at first seems to be childlike simplicity, but on closer listening, you realize you are in the presence of an old soul, one who knows the blue highways of the heart.'