Friday, August 08, 2003

Henry Raddick Reviews - currently 284 little gems including

Know Your Pug by Pet Library Ltd
Tremendous February 24, 2002
An excellent guide which is helping me get to know my pug Grendel, which is not an easy job. My children have taken to attaching surprisingly realistic stick-on ears to his rump and he turned around and bit me recently when I tried to put a piece of cheese rind into what I thought was his mouth.

Pocket Massage for Stress Relief by Clare Maxwell-Hudson
Excellent May 20, 2002
A tremendous book to help soothe and relax. I tried a little "pocket massage" on a train recently - it certainly relieved the stress, but do remember to choose your venue with care, especially if you are using essential oils.

Tom Cruise (Overcoming Adversity) by Phelan Powell
Pig-ignorance no bar to fame and fortune February 11, 2002
The public only see the glamour - but Phelan Powell shows the significant obstacles Tom Cruise has overcome in order to live his life of pampered opulence. In Cruise's case dyslexia was the obstacle - it nearly cost him the part of the barman in "Cocktail" (he thought it was a film about cockatiels and told his agent he "didn't do parrots") and he bought his own wildebeeste to research the part of Lt Maverick Mitchell in "Top Gnu".

The Pop-Up Book of Phobias by Gary Greenberg
Tremendous August 27, 2001
This pop-up book is sure to be a winner - the spiders and snakes seem to leap out of the page at you. Well-conceived and beautifully executed, it even had something for my homophobic Uncle Sandy.

Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays by Stephen W. Hawking
Excellent August 7, 2001
An excellent read, though I was alarmed at the prospect of the Earth being crushed by a super-massive black hole in around 3 billion years time. Then again, I'm a glass-half-empty sort of a person.